bread

Ciabatta bread!!!!

09:00

Bread again...yeahhhh!!!!! But last time I tried to make the same one I promised I will try again, as it was perfect for my burger but wasn't really a Ciabatta. So here I am again with the same recipe but with a better result this time!!!! Without a mixer it is not so easy to knead by hand, it's a very sticky dough but when I get a good result I get really excited and happy. Of course as everything I make, still is not perfect...but I can assure you that with some nutella for breakfast is just perfect...and really the day could not start in a better way!!!!


INGREDIENTS:


For the starter (biga) 16-18 hours fermentation at 18ºC:

250 gr. durum flour (semolina)

250 gr. of strong flour W320 (I used manitoba flour)

250 gr. of water

5 gr. fresh yeast


Dough:

50 gr. of durum flour

1 gr. fresh yeast

11 gr. of salt

1 tsp of barley malt

135 gr. of water


For the biga mix well the two types of flour with the yeast and water until all the ingredients are blended well. Put the biga or starter in a bowl,cover it with cling film and let it rest for about 16/18 hours at room temperature( it should be around 18ºC).


Mix the starter with the rest of the ingredients, but leaving till the end a 20% of the water and the salt. After kneading for about 10 minutes, not an easy task as the dough it’s quite sticky,put the dough in an oiled bowl and let it rest for 40 mins.

Cut the dough in 4 pieces(or as many as you want) let it rest again 40 minutes and then move each piece into a baking tray and bake in a hot oven at 230º for about 20 minutes.





You Might Also Like

1 commenti