Fish

Classic French mussels!

23:40

Bowl from Churchill chinaware 
In summer time I try non to eat lots of oven baked food....it is so hot here in Italy (especially this week) and sometimes the heat of the oven is unbearable. So I try to cook something fresh and light and I absolutely love mussels! Is definitely one of my favourite seafood.
I cooked this dish a while ago..but I didn't accompany them with the classic french fries but delicious bread, of course home made. 

CLASSIC FRENCH MUSSELS
INGREDIENTS:
  • 1Kg mussels
  • 1/2 onion
  • 1 shallot
  • 1 glass white wine
  • 100ml double cream
  • Chopped parsley
  • Extra virgin olive oil ( I used Capanna offered by Arte Toscana)
Wash and clean the mussels, remove the beard and transfer them in a large casserole.Chop finely the onion, shallot and parsley and add them to the mussels.Add a drizzle of olive oil and the white wine and allow mussels to open. Remove them from the pan and set aside. Filter the cooking water. Allow to reduce the cream with 1/2 glass of the cooking water then add the resulting sauce to the mussels. Serve hot with french fries or crusty bread. 

You Might Also Like

1 commenti

  1. These sound wonderful. I love mussels and your version sounds delicious. I hope you have a grand day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete