Desserts and cakes

Carrots and almond cakes!!!

10:49

Plate from GreenGate
For the Italian version click here!!!
Good morning everyone!!!! today I wish I had one of these cakes left for breakfast....delicious and lighter than other cakes. In Italy a famous brand sells these so called cakes " Le camille" and it was one of my favourite one for breakfast or as an afternoon snack! I found this recipe online years ago...when I didn't have my blog yet and I used to print and file all the recipes I tried. I just reduced the amount of sugar using honey and I added some almond flour flour too!
You have to try them....already a few friends tried this recipe and they were very happy!

CARROTS AND ALMOND CAKESINGREDIENTS for 4 mini cakes100g carrots (2 small)1 egg3 tbsp sugar2 tbsp full of honey30g almond flour90g flour50g extra virgin olive oilZest and juice of half a lemon1 tsp baking powder
Pre-heat oven at 180ºC.Peel and shred the carrots in a food processor. Whisk egg with sugar and honey until tripled in size. Fold in gently the carrots and lemon zest. At this point add the sieved flours and baking powder and finally the oil and lemon juice. Spoon mixture into mould and bake for approximately 30 minutes.



You Might Also Like

0 commenti