bread

In search of the perfect French Baguette!!!

09:53


For the Italian version click here!!!
Last summer online I bought the tray to cook the baguette..... as for me this bread is a challenge of course I had to try it again. Still is not perfect...but is coming closer! This one is the third attempt on making a perfect baguette.....inside no complain at all but the crust is too thin. But I think I'm making good progress, what do you think?  Here and here you can find my previous recipe....  and for sure I will keep you informed on my next trial.


FRENCH BAGUETTE WITH AUTOLYSIS AND A POOLISHINGREDIENTS:Poolish
  • 60g Very strong flour
  • 60g water
  • 2g fresh yeast
Dough:
  • 250g strong flour
  • 50g rice flour (Optional)*
  • 180g very cold water
  • 2g fresh yeast
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon barley malt 

Mix flour, rice flour* and cold water. Cover and autolyse for 12 hours. Prepare the poolish or starter mixing the flour, water and 2g of yeast. Cover and leave to rest for 12 hours. After this time combine the dough with the starter, add the teaspoon of salt, malt and 2g of fresh yeast. Due to the high hydration it's quite easy to mix even if you don't have a kneading machine ( but as always now I used my Clatronic KM3323). Allow to rest at room temperature for 5-6 hours. Divide the dough into two equal parts. Stretch it a bit being careful not to break all the fermentation bubbles, roll it and give the typical baguette shape. Leave to rise for another hour. Preheat the oven at 220ºC with a pan of hot water. Score the baguettes and bake them for 20/25 minutes until golden and crisp.
* Note: If you don't have rice flour you can simply substitute it with the strong flour. I used it because I always freeze my bread, and I find that when I defrost the bread it's still soft and moist as if it was just baked. 





You Might Also Like

0 commenti