bread

Soft Sandwich Bread with Chia seeds!!!

04:37

pancarré multicereali con semi di chia
The day I baked the Brioche with stone ground flour my hubby said was the best sweet bread I have ever made ( I would say even the only one he tasted ). In truth the previous times I always used refined flour and sugar and thats the main reason he always refuse to taste any of them. But with that brioche I managed to tempt him.....I have to say it was almost impossible to resist with the good smell in the house! But anyway after all good comments about the brioche he also asked to bake a soft sandwich bread. Over the years I've studied a lot and tried to improve my baking skills to obtain a bread with a nice crumb and especially with a thick crust, ok probably in the last few months I baked to much bread with a nice crispy crust but thats the way I like bread. Everyone who follow my blogs nowadays knows that I love baking and if someone ask me to try new recipes I can't ignore the request. I've searched on the web for the perfect sandwich bread recipe, But they were all with refined flours, sugar and butter so modifying a few recipes I got this amazing bread! Delicious !!!

MULTI CEREAL SOFT SANDWICH BREAD WITH CHIA SEEDSINGREDIENTS
Starter
  • 82g multi-cereals flour (durum wheat, soft wheat, spelt, rye, rice, buckwheat, corn flour)
  • 44g water
  • 26g liquid sourdough starter (100%)
Final dough
  • 420g multi-cereals flour
  • 210g water
  • 80g egg white
  • 54g extra virgin olive oil
  • 15g salt
  • 1 tsp powder malt
  • Chia seeds
Prepare the starter: Mix the sourdough, water and flour and let fermentation at room temperature for 12 hours.
In the morning prepare the final dough. On the stand mixer bowl mix the starter with the milk using the flat beater. Add the flour, malt, salt and egg whites.Knead well on medium speed until you have a smooth dough and until it picks off the sides and bottom of the bowl into a single mass. At this point add the olive oil in three stages, wait until is well incorporated before adding more oil. When all the olive oil is incorporated change the flat beater with the dough hook add the chia seeds and continue kneading. Continue kneading until you have a smooth, shiny and elastic dough. To check if the dough has been kneaded enough look for the 'window pane' effect. To do this cut a piece of dough from the ball, hold it up and try to stretch it out into a thin sheet. If you can make it thin enough to see light through it when you hold it up to the window, and the dough isn't tearing, then it is elastic enough to stop kneading. But if the dough tears when you are trying to stretch it then continue kneading for a few more minutes and try again. Place the dough in a oiled bow, cover with cling film and let fermentation start a room temperature for a few hours, then refrigerate for 10/12 hours. I then left bread dough to rise at room temperature overnight, about 8 hours.  When dough is doubled in size, divide in 3 equal pieces, form 3 smooth and perfect balls and transfer them into a large loaf mould ( mine is about 21x11cm). Cover with cling film and leave to prove for 2 – 3 hours, or until the dough has risen to just above the rim of the tin.
Brush the top of the bread wit some egg white and bake in a hot oven at 180ºC for 35/40 minutes. If the top of the bread gets to brown cover it with kitchen foil.
Allow bread to cool down before slicing! 

Pancarré multicereali con semi di chia

Pancarré mutlicereali con semi di chia

Pancarré multicereali con semi di chia

You Might Also Like

0 commenti